English Spanish
San Andres Golf Club

Location: San Martín, Pcia. de Bs. As.
Distance: 20Km
Par: 72
Yards: 6472

Born with the original name of Buenos Aires Golf Club on August 30, 1902. The Club carries the name of the St. Andrew' s of Scotland, headquarters of the oldest and most traditional entity in the world golf: The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrew's. This was not coincidental: with the time the locality took the name of the Club and of the railway station created at first for its users. The court, of 18 holes, was designed by the Scottish professional Mungo Park. It is par 72 for the gentlemen and par 73 for the ladies, although it used to be par 73 also for gentlemen until 15th hole was re-designed and reduced from par 5 to par 4. The Course Is respected among those of greater renown by its tradition and difficulty. With its extension of 6472 yards of maximum, has a rough that is fearsome even for the most skilled players. The Club was, in 21 occasions, the one that most times received the Argentine Open. And the "Maestro" Roberto de Vicenzo won in two editions the Open one San Andres. De Vicenzo is even honorary associate of the Club. Also the Argentine Amateur Championship, the oldest tournament in Argentina's calendar, was played here 30 times. It's most famous hole is 14th, a short par 4 of dogleg to the left, in which the long hitters can reach the green with the driver.

Course Rating:
Gentlemen Blue 71,5 (6472 yards)
Gentlemen 70,7 (6285 yards)
Ladies Red 72,4 (5745 yards)













IAGTO