English Spanish
Ranelagh Golf Club

Location: Berazategui, Pcia de Bs. As.
Distance: 35Km
Par: 73
Yards: 6629

In 1911 the Southern Railroad Company builds, in the half of the branch Berazategui/Forests, the station Ranelagh, name this inspired in the properties of the Count of Ranelagh on the banks of the river Thames (London). In 1918 the lands are obtained (65 hectares) and the Company of Southern Lands resolves to initiate the construction of the golf course, designed by Mr. Alberto Del Solar Dorrego and built by Mr. Enrique Rossi, cousin of the Mr. Jose Sworn. In those days it did not include appropriate installations, the Southern Railroad, that brought the players, left them in a dead end of the station, a special dining car, suitable for the golfers. It was called "The train of the Golfers". May 16, 1926, with brilliant words of Mr. Antonio Crouzel and a successful party with important personalities was inaugurated the Club House, by the early morning the concurrent returned to the capital in a special train that the Southern Railroad arranged for the event. The golf course offers a pleasant grove accompanied by a pretty challenge, with challenging fairways and greens with of a lot of movement. This field is the 2nd home of Roberto de Vicenzo. Passed through this course the most important local events, as the Argentine Open and the Argentine Amateur Championship.












IAGTO